Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Marry Me... Reason #79

The Four Horseman of Marriage

There are "Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse" in the book of Revelation that bring terror and destruction into the world. As I've studied marriages, I believe there are "Four Horsemen" that threaten to trample the romance for every couple. The first is sin: romance dies when you and your spouse become so wounded or disillusioned that you become calloused - your soul mate becomes a roommate. The second is age: romance dies when you focus more on the outer beauty than on the inner beauty. The third horseman is laziness: romance dies when your daily routines push out or sap your strength. The final is forgetfulness: romance dies a sad death when you take your spouse for granted and forget that they are a precious gift from God. Finish Strong!

This is from Tom Nelson's Song of Solomon series.

I will always keep an eye out for the Four Horseman.

6 Comments:

Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

Man, that's good stuff. Thanks for the reminder Eddo.

8:17 AM  
Blogger Fredi said...

Sounded like Tommy Nelson...

I went to his church in college. He always had good analogies.

JacqueFromTexas

10:46 AM  
Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

This is SO true. I really wish more men thought about things like this, and paid attention as you do. When you get married, you will be The Ideal Husband. I truly believe that.

9:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just don't understand why you haven't been tagged and branded yet...

6:45 PM  
Blogger Joy said...

I agree with amstaff mom. This IS good stuff! And yeah, why haven't you been snatched yet? :)

10:01 AM  
Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

I keep looking for someone amazing to settle down with... if you are amazing, then drop me a line. You know, Eddo dear, you really need to change this now that... you know... Cat... *wink wink*

12:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home